Our quarterly planning process
- Investment strategy
- Setting up proper contributions/distributions for the current year and last year
- Tax documentation
- Income tax return preparation
- Update client goals
- Update client net worth
- Check in on success rate of retirement / financial plan
- Beneficiary updates/ confirmation
- Estate Planning (wills/trusts/POAs, health directives)
- Tax-Loss harvesting
- Required Minimum Distributions
- Roth conversions
Just a few of the questions we can answer for you with our financial planning tools:
- Should I make it a priority to pay off my mortgage before I retire?
- Do I have enough life insurance coverage?
- How much should I be saving for my daughter’s college?
- Can I retire at 56?
- Where does all my money go (why can’t I save more)?
- What will my income taxes look like in retirement?
- Do I have enough in my “emergency savings account”?
- When should I begin taking Social Security?
- What if I need to live in an assisted care facility before I die?
Our tax-focused planning will demonstrate how you can achieve your goals based on your current financial situation and your future plans for saving and investment. Your plan will include a net worth statement, summaries of current assets and liabilities, and an analysis of retirement goal success probability.
For a one-time plan fee, we are available to you for any questions, and we also include an insurance needs analysis (life & disability), estate planning options and considerations, estate-tax estimates, goal achievement evaluations (Do you want that RV at age 60, or will it derail your long-range plans?), a lifetime estimation of cash flow, social security optimization, future tax projections, Roth conversion planning, Monte Carlo simulations, “What-if” stress test scenario analysis, and debt repayment strategy analysis.
|If you don't know where to begin on topics like:
SFM's Important Ages for Retirement Planning (PDF)
|If you are:
SFM's 4 Simple Steps to Financial Success (PDF)
|If you're not sure how much you should convert from your pre-tax IRA to a Roth IRA:||Download
SFM's 2021 Roth Conversion Calculator (MS Excel)
|If you are interested in charitable giving:||Read our blog article about QCDs and DAFs|
|If you want our help to create an effective, tax-efficient financial plan:||Begin your plan|